Do you think fasting is the only way to detoxify the body??
I am a big fan of Detoxification! Even if we stop polluting our world right now, we will be dealing with the past damage for decades to come. I believe that the healthiest people in this millennium will be those who are the best detoxifiers. This is why I am totally against juice fasting and fasting in general for detoxification.
The body detoxifies in two phases. In the first phase the body releases the toxins from the tissues where they are stored. In the second phase the body eliminates these toxins through the sweat, feces and urine.
The second phase of excretion is dependent on amino acids (from protein) and if these are not readily available this whole process slows down or stops.
You are freeing up the toxins and now they are roaming around your body which is a far worse situation than leaving them where they were sequestered in the first place. If you are doing a 'cleanse' or detoxification program through fasting or starving and you feel terrible this is probably what is happening and it means you are making yourself worse not better!
A detox program can help the body's natural cleaning process by:
1) Resting the organs through fasting;
2) Stimulating the liver to drive toxins from the body;
3) Promoting elimination through the intestines, kidneys and skin;
4) Improving circulation of the blood; and
5) Refueling the body with healthy nutrients.
A MUST for Detox:
• Fill up with fiber through fruits, vegetables and cereals
• Drink 10 -12 glasses of water through the day
• Supplement with 1 or more servings of a green leafy vegetable drink daily
• Increase sulfur containing foods including garlic, onions and eggs (providing you don't have sensitivity to them)
• Eat some high quality clean lean protein at each meal
Cleanse and protect the liver by taking herbs such as dandelion root, burdock and milk thistle, and drinking green tea.
• Eat 5 or more servings of organic non-starchy veggies and 1- 2 servings of low glycemic fruits per day
• Increase circulation by walking for 30-40 minutes every day
Take vitamin C, which helps the body produce glutathione, a liver compound that drives away toxins.
• Take nutrients that support overall detoxification by eating the perfect food combinations.
Practice hydrotherapy by taking a very hot shower for five minutes, allowing the water to run on your back. Follow with cold water for 30 seconds. Do this three times, and then get into bed for 30 minutes.
If you are worried about your weight loss, remember that healthy is not just about the race to being size zero. By cutting carbs completely, you cut off the fuel supply. Your aim should be healthy bodies first; thin will follow. Besides, you wouldn't want problems like constipation, bad breath and bingeing on sugars, would you? That's exactly what happens when you stay off carbs completely.
Consistent daily detoxification can help overcome weight loss resistance, improve thyroid and overall hormone function, improve skin and help with overall mood and brain function. Make detoxification a daily habit as you are getting inundated with toxins on a daily basis. As far as toxins go ... better out than in!