How much do you know about chocolate? Fat? Sweet? Do you know that chocolate does bring health benefits to us? Chocolate is a product based on cocoa solid or cocoa fat, and finely powdered sugar to produce a solid confection. Chocolate is a popular ingredient and is available in many types such as dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate, semisweet chocolate and bittersweet chocolate.
Chocolate is made from plants, which means it contains many of the health benefits of dark vegetables. Chocolate became synonymous for bad skin. Now it happens to be the solution to perfect skin care. How? Let us have a look.
· It has powerful anti-oxidant properties and is considered to be a health food.
· Chocolate has skin softening properties, probably as it contains cocoa butter.
· It is used to smooth out wrinkles due to the anti-oxidant properties.
· The anti-oxidant properties prevent the free radicals from causing damage to the skin’s elastin, other protein and collagen. Yes, chocolate is a champion antioxidant!
· It has a nourishing effect on the skin.
· One can exfoliate the dead skin cells and regenerate news ones.
· Hydration of the skin is possible.
· Eating foods that are rich in flavonoids help to maintain collagen and fight against sun damage.
Flavonols (the type of flavonoid found in chocolate) help your skin look its best. Flavonols are antioxidants that help your skin protect itself from UV damage (hello, fewer wrinkles) fight free radicals (so long, sun spots) and increase blood flow.
· Chocolate is a good moisturizer.
· It rejuvenates the skin.
Additionally chocolate also holds others benefit, such as stimulation endorphin production, containing serotonin which acrs as an anti-depressant, and containing theobromine, caffeine and other substances which are stimulants.
My personal experience on chocolate is, it helps for menstrual cycle pain. I’m not sure what make chocolate to be a “pain-killer” for our period pain, but it really does. Taking chocolate always makes me feel pleasure in mood, especially when you are in the dilemmas of moody mood.
Now you know the various benefits of chocolates. From now on eat a lot more chocolate as well, as it works its magic from the inside out too.
Most of all indulge your self in chocolaty beauty cures to enjoy and experience the various beauty benefits of your favorite sweet delight. Set off to be chocolaty and enjoy!